RML Board Meeting 5/4/2021
Attending: Bridgett Taylor, Tyler Strong, Ian Devine, Dena Wilkie, Steve Hall, John Dumville, Pam Levasseur,Â Phoebe RodaÂ
Called to order: 6:06 pm
Consent Agenda: Approved
April Minutes â€“ requested change by Ian to indicate â€œI want staff to have had the opportunity to be vaccinated, as opposed to actually having them vaccinated; approved with this condition.
- Deferred approval of March, April, financial reports as March not received.
Officers and Directors:
- Continue with current roles
- Current elected officials are Dena and Bridgett
- Phoebe nominated Dena as secretary and Bridgett as President; second by Steve, all in favor
- Ian nominated Phoebe to treasurer â€“ seconded by Dena, all in favor
- **All board members need to go to lib and sign Trustees Book**
- Phoebe sent policies & bylaws via email; reminded board we need to continue to read and review quarterly.
- Goal for reviewing the first 2 sections of the policies by next meeting â€“resent to board during meeting and Ian reminded board itâ€™s also on website.
Building and Staffing
- Bookkeeping vs. Payroll:
- payroll software
- Compucount â€“ canâ€™t talk with Tyler until June.
- ADP $41.90 bi-weekly for payroll + annual w2s $66
- Pam estimates this will save her 4-5 hours a month
- Pam will still need to balance the accounts as No viable option for bookkeeping position at this point
- payroll software
- Motion for Tyler to contract with ADP contingent on month to month commitment and allowing that we can get our info back. Seconded by Steve â€“ all in favor
- Ian sent a suggestion for tiered reopening; once we are open fully continue to include a day of appt only, continue curbside indefinitely
- Motion: Starting June 1 we would be fully open 3 days, 2 days by appt, cont. curbside indefinitely â€“ ALL in favor
- Tyler given latitude to address excessive loitering in library if problematic
- Revisit hours and times in the fall once weâ€™ve been open for a while
- Steve explains performance reviews he has been working on with collaboration with Tyler
- To include (?) Quarterly self-assessment of staff
- Review of library (how are we meeting our community needs) possibly by board members, volunteers, etc.
- May include looking at financial and director reports
- Deferred making a motion to discuss further with plan to discuss next month â€“ Board members encouraged to consider the plan further and get feedback/thoughts to Steven
- Dena presented CafÃ©Press items â€“
- Bumper sticker, car magnet, tote bag, small mug
- Look into pens/pencils
- Plan to spend $100 to have items IN the library
- Restaurant collaboration
- One month commitment to pick a day (what works best for them), and time (again what time they are usually slow) and they would contribute 20% (ideally!) of the items sold during that time.
- Better World.org â€“ Dena beginning to explore options for use as a fundraiser platform for online auction
- Pam will look up online auction website that RML has used in the past
- Pam, Bridgett and Dena will be an â€˜adhocâ€™ fundraising subcommittee for online auction
- â€œLittle Blueâ€ â€“ Tyler wants to take out to the Green on Thursdays during Farmerâ€™s Market
- Books By donation
- Tyler organizing volunteers
- Flagpole is here â€“ Steve has the tools and is willing to do, requests help from anyone elseâ€¦ (Tyler to send out an email once date set)
- Discussion around how to secure Lionâ€™s club Bench & picnic table
- New letter board â€“ Pam has been looking into, possibly purchasing this week?
- Dena thanked Tyler for including grants heâ€™s applied to into the directorâ€™s report
- Old Home Days â€“ 8/27-8/28
- Lots of work to be done, next planning meeting 5/19/21 via ZOOM.
Meeting adjourned at 7:33 pm